MountainTown VRM LLC
The Types of Information We Collect
Other information we collect may include marketing information, including both offline and online information, such as:
- Behavioral or demographic attributes, when tied to personal information.
- Transactional data based on past purchase behavior, when tied to personal information.
- Data from marketing opt-in lists, consumer surveys, or publicly available information.
- Unique IDs such as a cookie placed on a computer, mobile or device IDs.
- Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) and information derived from IP address such as geographic location.
- Information about a device such as information contained in HTTP headers or other internet transfer protocol signals, browser or device type and version, operating system, user-agent strings and information about or from the presence or use of “apps” on mobile devices.
- Demographic information such as a consumer’s gender, age, and income range, when not tied to personal information.
- Behavioral data of consumers’ computer or device usage on websites or apps, such as advertisements clicked, websites and content areas, date and time of activities.
- The web search a consumer used to locate and navigate to a website.
- Latitude/Longitude data.
How We Collect Information
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
By Asking. We may collect some personal information from you by asking that you provide it to us. For instance, when you register on the Website, join MountainTown as a home owner, join MountainTown’s partner network or book travel online.
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from our visitors is to provide visitors with products, services, and information that we think may be of interest. For example, we use your personal information to:
- Complete or process transactions for you and send you confirmations and receipts.
- Fulfill booking requests you have made and assist in your travel planning.
- Provide you with information regarding your vacation rental home and its booking transactions or potential booking performance.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
- Tell you about updates to your account, products, and services.
- Answer questions and respond to your customer service requests.
- Monitor the usage and performance of the Website, and determine aggregate information and usage patterns.
- Make the Website easier to use, help diagnose problems with the Website, or enhance the Website for optimal user experience.
We may use your personal information to advertise and market our products and services (and those of our partners) to you, for example, to present targeted advertisements on the Website and other third party web sites, in email marketing, and in direct mail marketing. We also use your personal information to analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, and to determine whether you would be interested in new products or services we may offer.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
Sharing Your Information with Service Providers. We may share information with third-party service providers in order for those service providers to perform business functions for MountainTown, and help us to fulfill our and/or our home owner’s contractual obligations on a booking transaction, e.g., arranging housekeeping services. Service Providers also help us to create or maintain our databases, research and analyze the people who request products, services or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to inquiries.
Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity, as well as disclose your information to the extent required by a valid order of a court or other governmental body or by applicable law. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of MountainTown, or another person.
Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
Blogs, Online Postings, and Testimonials. We may decide to allow visitors to share comments, postings, testimonials, or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
How We Secure Personal Information
Opting Out of Email Communication. If you decide that you do not want to receive commercial emails from us, you can “opt-out” from receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every commercial email. Please note that if you choose to opt-out, we will still send you email relating to specific products or services that you purchase, or email that we believe is pertinent to any communication that you have sent to us, or relationship that you may have with us. If you decide at a later time that you would like to receive commercial emails from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list.